Saturday, May 31, 2008

Whaaat? A new post?

Hard to believe, isn't it?



Well, it's been a ride lately... both of my wife's parents died within 9 months of each other... we just passed mom-in-law's first anniversary of her passing.



To top it off, our poochie, Taylor died in March... then, my 103 year old grandma just passed away in CA on May 19th. It's been a year!



I'm reminded of God's resurrection promise during difficult times like these... the verse that goes through my head is 1 Cor. 13:12-13...



"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."



If we don't love, what's the point?

One of my favorite rock stars is Todd Rundgren... I remember he put out an album called "Something/Anything" where he played and sang all the parts on three sides of a double album... I was blown away...

Anyway, he wrote a song called "Love is the Answer"... one of my favorites! It goes like this....

Name your price
And take it to paradise
I can't stay here any more
And I've looked high and low
I've been from shore to shore to shore
If there's a short cut I'd have found it
But there's no easy way around it

Light of the world, shine on me
Love is the answer
Shine on us all, set us free
Love is the answer

Who knows why
Someday we all must die
We're all homeless boys and girls
And we are never heard
It's such a lonely world
People turn their heads and walk on by
Tell me, is it worth just another try?

Light of the world, shine on me
Love is the answer
Shine on us all, set us free
Love is the answer

While the lyrics are dark, there is a hope in the words "Love is the answer."

Amen? Amen!

Catch you next time!

No comments: