Thursday, December 21, 2006

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all..."

"...WAZZZZUP?!!!"

Ok, It's only been a month since I updated my blog... at least I'm consistent!

I want to wish all a very Merry Christmas... remember to keep praying for peace... as I get older, I begin to realize that the more things change, the more things stay the same. I'm sure our elders were concerned for present, nostalgic for the past, and hopeful for the future... of course, I don't think they had the number of toys and/or distractions that we do now (as I'm writing this, I'm listening to the radio, watching the Food Network, surfing the 'net, and eating a peppermint candy cane... it is the holiday season, you know!)

To those of you who are traveling this holiday season, have a safe trip... to all, may your holiday season be filled with good food, good friends, and good health! Do something kind for someone who doesn't expect it... give your loved ones a hug and a kiss... keep praying that the world will know peace...

For those of you who are searching for meaning in your life... visit someone who is a shut in... play a game with a child... visit a church with a friend... since I work in a church, I've heard all about "it's nothing but a bunch of hypocrites... they say one thing on Sunday, and are just as bad or worse than anyone else the rest of the week."

To that, all I can say is - yes, you're right... we can be hypocritical... but churches are really meant to be, and should be, hospitals for sinners, not havens for saints... we gather, not to revel on how great we are, but bow our knees in awe and gratefulness that we have a God who loves us without condition... undeserved, unearned, unending.

If things aren't going right with you "behind the wheel," why not let the One who created you show you the way? I know, it's difficult to give up control... but I've found that when I'm large and in charge, I screw up royally! It's funny, but when I give up being in charge, that's when I find the most freedom, the most joy, the most peace... I don't understand it, either, but that's my experience!

Like the commercial used to say, "Try it... you'll like it!"

A blessed Christmas, and a healthy, happy, prosperous, and peaceful New Year to you all!

Peace!
Prairie Pete

No comments: