Sunday, July 13, 2008

You know, it's kinda sad...

...it's kinda sad when you have to look up your login info because it's been so long since you last logged on!

Hi, sports fans! A lot has happened since I last reported to you! Our church had it's annual outdoor worship service... our nation celebrated a birthday, my 103 grandmother passed away... I've been on vacation to "God's country" (Northern Minnesota)... our summer attendance remains steady and strong... my appreciation for the people who volunteer at PLC to help out with music grows each week, and it's finally summer in the Twin Cities!

Speaking of the Twins, I've enjoyed watching and listening to the games for the most part. Some people thought the team would collapse after losing Torii Hunter and trading Johan Santana...

Did I tell you that I emailed the new Twins GM, Bill Smith, just before the Santana trade went down? I told him that I appreciated the difficulty of deciding which way to go, but that as a loyal fan, I still loved he way the Twins do business and the product they continue to put on the field.

Go Go Gomez is a fun but nerve-wracking watch, Livan is questionable, but I still love my Twins! I love watching "the kids" figure out what it means to be a big leaguer...

Do you remember "Angels in the Outfield?" (Yes, I cried at the end of that movie too, just like I did for "The Parent Trap!") When the little kid kept saying, "It could happen!" It could happen with my Twins! (You can't spell Twins with out WIN!")

There's this great little blog/email letter you should check out... it's from a United Methodist Church in Green Bay, WI of all places... but it's still good!

Here's the link: http:\\soundbites@fumcgb.org; Check it out... I think you'll like it.

Another cool deal is my friend Rob Barrett's "Cooking for Dads." It's a YouTube deal where he helps "dads" (and others!) who might be kitchen-aphobic, and helps them make delicious, healthy meals.

Alright, kiddies... time for bed! Thanks for reading, and I'll catch you next time!

Prairie Pete

No comments: